Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Shrimp, tomatoes, quinoa, and greens

Intense flavor, healthy, scarf scarf:


Here, I took a bag of mustard greens (from Trader Joe's, with the boring old bagged lettuces) and simmered them with a little garlic, oil, and water (chicken broth would have been better but I'm not gonna lie to you, dearest reader). Kept them simmering while I cooked the rest.

Boiled the quinoa per instructions. Usually I doctor it up while cooking with onions, garlic, spices, chicken broth, but not this time--I thought the toppings would be enough.

Then, I took shrimp, and added a ton of butter, white wine, onions, garlic, and fresh chopped tomatoes. Cooked them up fast and quick on a high heat. Then I threw in more butter. Then I kind of laughed to myself like a maniac.

Plated the shrimp stuff on top of the quinoa, added to the greens. Thumbs up were had all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment