Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Salad Nicoise

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty proud of this one. I was trying to impress the hubby one night, with my mad veggie and greenery skills. I was also trying to act French. I served this for the both of us on one large platter and we dug in like savages, swilling our Sauvignon Blanc on the side:


There it is in all its glory. We have:

Red leaf lettuce, hand torn and placed on the bottom
Chopped up and sliced hard boiled eggs
Chopped hearts of palm
Blanched asparagus stalks
Tuna slices--and not just any tuna. This was hand caught tuna, home-jarred by hubby's dad. You may not all be able to get your hands on such treasures, so store bought will work.
Capers

Dressing was a dijon and oil and lemon and salt and pepper concoction.

Upon reflection, this may not exactly have been a true nicoise, but it was heavenly. I remember going at this with our bare hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment