Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bowties with shrimp and broccoli

This picture came out so glossy looking, which makes me giggle because that means it was REALLY coated in butter. The husband loves throw together pastas, and it's an easy way for me to force us to eat more vegetables. This was a good throw together of bowtie pasta, broccoli heads, shrimp, garlic, and butter. I just sauteed the garlic and butter for awhile, threw in frozen pre-cooked shrimp (thawed under water first), and then the broccoli heads until everything was warm and soft. Tossed that into the bowties, also mixed in with butter and some shaved asiago cheese. Thirds were had.


I eat too much pasta. I actually haven't been craving it much at all since I've been pregnant, which has been awesome and has made me think. I eat too much of the stuff. The white version of it, too many servings at once of it, and it does no good. I don't feel good after, I just feel like I'm in a coma after. And that can be accomplished much easier with a glass of wine/scotch/brandy/vodka (post baby of course) and with much more fun and fewer calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment