Thursday, March 1, 2012

I still fail at updating this in a timely fashion.

Anyway, regarding weight goal-- I'm within 5 pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight and I'm elated! Old clothes are fitting...(happy dance).

Food pic and recipe: It's been unseasonably warm here for the past few days (though now it's cold and rainy again, which is also fine), so I decided to post one of my favorites:


OH, yeah.

Shrimp, fresh from the store. I just don't have good luck heating and cooking shrimp that's been frozen.  I love to defrost it under cold water and eat it in a million different varieties of salads, but for grilling or anything else, they have to be fresh!

Anyway, I took these suckers, poured some oil and chopped garlic over them and let them sit a couple hours. Then grilled them on skewers until they were firm-ish.

Gratuitous picture of them all skewered coming off the grill:



More pictures, you ask?


They are truly a thing of beauty. 

And these grilled little guys were perfect with that salad above. 

My summer salad goto:

1 large tomato, or a couple smaller ones
1/2 red onion
1 avocado
1 cucumber

All chopped up into similar sized pieces, and drizzled with salt, pepper, lemon juice or red wine vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil. SO good, so refreshing, and the perfect accompaniment to grilled or roasted meats (in addition to a crisp white wine of course!).

I topped the salad over quinoa that I just cooked up with nothing special added, but this could easily have been a lower carb meal without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment