Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sauteed chicken breast with mashed cauliflower!


This is definitely one of our favorite weeknight dinners! I usually take two chicken breasts, and marinate them in bottled italian dressing (Wishbone) or oil and vinegar and garlic if I'm out of dressing. I keep them marinated at least over night and it just results in the juiciest chicken you can imagine. I saute the breasts in a small mixture of olive oil and butter, but add water or wine when it starts to get dry. Saves a lot of calories and if anything, makes the chicken juicier in the end.

The mashed cauliflower (for two people):

1 head of cauliflower, steamed until soft (I feel like boiling kills too many nutrients--maybe it's just an old wives' tail)
Salt
Pepper
2 cloves garlic
Olive Oil

I take the above, throw it in my food processor until it looks like a giant pile of mashed potatoes...and plate it up!! So delicious, healthy, and I personally think better than clumpy gummy carby old potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment