Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Crossfit -- Day 1

So yesterday I started my Crossfit "On Ramp" program: 4 weeks, 3 times a week, MWF, 7 AM. I might be crazy.

Yesterday, we did some warm ups, discussed form for certain moves, practiced basic moves, then we did a workout for time:

Run 200m
15/12/9 (3 rounds of that many reps): 8 LB Dumbell Squat Thrusters & Pushups
Run 200m

I finished the above in 9:31 which is really neither here nor there. During my last set of pushups, I had to move to the wall pushups because my arms were failing on the ground. And I was only using 8 LB dumbells, which seems ridiculous. And I was most likely hungover (ooops).

Today I'm thankfully not as sore as I thought I'd be all over. I tried to drink plenty of water (and bone broth!), eat protein, and stretch yesterday, so today the only part of me that's TRULY messed up are my glutes. Evil evil squats.

I love it though, I'm curious to see what my results will be for the same workout above on the last day of class in 4 weeks.

I'm curious to see how much overall will have changed in the next 4 weeks -- I really want a workout I can give my all that's more than just a check-in and check-out at a normal gym. Hopefully I've found that place.


No comments:

Post a Comment