Thursday, May 3, 2012

Chicken Drumsticks and Kale

This has been another goto for us with Paleo, since it's extremely affordable and delicious and good for you. A pack of chicken legs is under 3 dollars for about 6 legs, and if you buy in bulk it's even less. Kale is in season and I can find a giant bunch at my farmer's market or Farmer Joe's nearby for a couple bucks (or less).


6 chicken drumsticks
Olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika

1 large bunch kale, olive oil, salt, pepper
A few garlic cloves, to taste

For my chicken, I just preheat my over to 400 and lay the chicken legs out in a baking dish. I coat them in olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika and pop them in there for about an hour until they're done. They come out crispy on the outside, moist inside, and delicious.

For the kale, I take my garlic and slice it thinly, then sautee in olive oil until it's soft. I just toss the kale on top of that and sautee until it's soft enough for me-- just a few minutes. I add homemade chicken stock if I feel like it's getting dry. The sauteed garlic in oil really makes this dish though.

No comments:

Post a Comment