Friday, February 5, 2010

First of many, many salads

I love salads. Salads for dinner--dinner salads, if you will. Salads for lunch, for snacks. With all the love I feel for them, I don't know why I don't make an effort to eat them more often. That said, I will now make an effort to eat them more often, and will post all the different and easy concoctions I make. We had this one a few nights ago and really enjoyed it. Simple, pretty, crunchy, so good!


Easy as...pie:

Romaine lettuce, torn up
1 large cucumber
1 avocado
2 sticks of hearts of palm (I use the jarred ones from Trader Joes)
Generous sprinkle of capers
Squeeze of half a lemon--mostly to keep the Avocados from turning brown, but also because...who doesn't love a squeeze of lemon?
Olive oil
Red White vinegar (though the boy goes with balsamic)

It's not in the picture, but at the end, I got all worried about protein and added maybe 1/2 a cup of chick peas.

We were very happy with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment