Friday, February 5, 2010

Bloody Mary!

Well, I'm trying to make this blog about healthy, whole, tasty, easy-to-make foods, but sometimes, a girl just needs a cocktail...in the morning. Hence, my Bloody Mary recipe. It's still a work in progress, but I'm much happier with what I'm creating now than before, and I think this one is good enough to share.


I'm sorry this won't be as exact as some might like, but I'll keep updating, and it's more fun trying to figure your own exact recipe out anyway, right?

1 small can low-sodium V8 -- though, I think the regular sodium can might taste better in the end
2 shots of vodka --that's just how I roll
Juice of 1 lemon
3-5 grinds of the pepper mill
1 tablespoon (or more) of horseradish --the unprocessed kind, please, for the love of all things good
1 teaspoon olive juice from jarred olives
5 or more dashes of hot sauce
5 or more dashes of woresteshire sauce

Stir stir stir.

This is better with pickled asparagus or celery, but I didn't have it this morning. We enjoyed it with cornichons instead. Very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment