Friday, February 5, 2010

Beans, eggs, lettuce, oh my!

I was working at home today and determined to not resort to my usual I'm-stressed-out-and-need-comfort-carbs-in-huge-quantities, so I tried something a little new for me. I'm really trying to cut down on the white carbs and, more importantly, large portions, and came up with this. It took under 15 minutes to get ready, was delicious, and kept me full until late afternoon:


How awesome does that look? It tasted pretty awesome, and my body thanked me.

Here's what I did:

Maybe 1/3 or 1/4 can black refried beans
1/4 avocado
1/2 slice pepper jack cheese
1/2 cup to 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
Loose pour of tomato salsa (I love trader joe's red table salsa)
1 egg

I put the beans on a plate, topped with cheese and heated up for a minute or so. In the meantime, I threw an egg in my pan and let it cook sunnyside up. I flipped it right at the end and topped my beans with it. Then I added my salsa, avocado, and lettuce around the sides. Delicious! Healthy! Happy lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment