Tuesday, December 17, 2013

My own master tonic

The internets have been ablaze lately with recipes for "master tonics" that help with colds, flus, and general malaise. After a recent trip to Chuck E. Cheese, I suddenly found myself in need of something. Since I'm still nursing, all the usual over the counter drugs are a no-go, so I started looking into natural options.

After reading different recipes, I ended up with the concoction below - which is mostly just what I already had on hand. Next time, I would use fresh ginger of course, and maybe add some hot pepper/cayenne, which I totally forgot about until now. But seriously, I took this as a big shot and it basically took my sore throat away instantly. I had those vague body aches too and it suddenly felt like I drank a large coffee and was ready to go go go. I'm going to work on perfecting the recipe and actually getting a picture of it next time - I got too excited this time around and just downed it. I used:

2 large garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (raw, unfiltered)
1-2 tablespoons of local raw honey
Half a large meyer lemon
1 teaspoon ground organic ginger
1 teaspoon turmeric

I swirled it all together in a jar with lid and downed it. Magic.


No comments:

Post a Comment